How to Clean Silver Jewellery
Clean silver jewellery has such a beautiful shine. To ensure you get the most from your silver jewellery for years to come, I recommend that you follow these instructions:
- Clean silver jewellery with a professional jewellery cleaning cloth every 2-3 weeks.
- Soapy water can help keep silver jewellery clean and prevent it from tarnishing. This means you can wear it in the shower (just make sure it doesn’t end up down the plug hole!).
- I know it’s easier said than done, but I advise you to avoid your jewellery coming into contact with detergents and chemicals such as lotions, creams and perfumes.
- Avoid contact with sea water and swimming pools, as salt water and chlorine can damage silver.
- Store your jewellery in a jewellery box, closed drawer or in a small plastic bag to protect it from oxidising and tarnishing.
Click here to see more ideas on how to clean silver jewellery.