Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information by Jocale Design
I will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner. The types of information I may collect include:
a. Identifying and contact information (for example, name, postal address and email address);
b. Financial information (for example credit card details);
c. If you purchase products and services online, information about your purchases.
d. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
If you do not provide personal information requested of you to Jocale Design, I may be unable to provide you the products or services you have requested or to contact you in the future regarding your purchase.
I may also monitor and collect information about the navigation and browsing activities of visitors and customers to my website. However, no individual information is collected. This information is solely for the purposes of telling me what pages customers are visiting and how long they are browsing my website. No customer can be personally identified through this information.
Use and disclosure of personal information by Jocale Design
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- PayPal. Where Jocale Design’s payment transactions are fulfilled by PayPal, information required by PayPal to process these transactions will be disclosed to PayPal for the purposes of administering payment for products or services requested by the customer. For more information please refer to PayPal’s Legal Agreements for PayPal Services on their website.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Mailchimp. Jocale Design’s mailing list is maintained through Mailchimp. I will share your personal information with Mailchimp for the purposes of keeping you updated with my products and services only with your express permission. For more information please refer to the Mailchimp website.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Any personal information that I collect will not be disclosed to any other third party whatsoever. In instances when I am in possession of your information (for example email, phone numbers, postal address) under no condition will I sell, share or rent these details to any third party.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in jurisdictions outside of the EU or Australia. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Hilary Tillin, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected]jocaledesign.com. Alternately, you may mail me at Hilary Tillin, 7 Nursery Place, Wakerley, Queensland 4154, Australia.